Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream - Pumpkin Haul 2012


Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream - Aldi : Medford, NJ

I am collecting all of my pumpkin posts from last year and re-posting them here on Blogger to make a comprehensive collection. Here is the original Tumblr post.
Now, I have had the popular Edy’s pumpkin ice cream before, and it IS delicious, but very rich. If you like Coldstone’s ice cream you’d love Edy’s version of pumpkin. Personally, it was too much for me. I was hoping this version from Aldi would be a little lighter.


Compared to Edy’s, this container is nothing fancy. It’s your standard tub of ice cream with a picture of pumpkin pie on it. Personally, I am not a fan of the bright blue lid, but I think that was meant to tie in with the brand’s logo. Maybe the ice cream inside will be more impressive.
Peeling back the lid, I could smell the pumpkin pie spices right away. This smells like a real slice of pie with whipped cream on top. It has a really nice balance of the spices. I couldn’t sense one being stronger than the others, which has been a problem with the other products. (They either went really heavy on the cinnamon or nutmeg.)
Visually, I really like that the product isn’t strongly colored. For those of you who haven’t seen it, the Edy’s variety is a really pigmented orange color, which I was not a fan of. This brand of ice cream has a frothy peachy color to it, which feels a lot more natural. You can see little flecks of the various spices everywhere. As far as taste goes, this one is a LOT lighter than the Edy’s, but you can still taste a very good amount of pumpkin pie flavorings. The overall taste is a lot like the Pumpkin Milk I reviewed (which is practically pumpkin eggnog). This ice cream is flavorful, but it isn’t overwhelmingly sweet or rich.
I definitely prefer this ice cream over the Edy’s variety.
On a pumpkin-y scale of 1-5 (5 being extremely pumpkin-y) I would rate this a 4.
Like me on facebook to keep up with all my adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment