Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pumpkin Pie Vodka -Pumpkin 2012 Haul

 Pumpkin Pie Vodka -Total Wine in Cherry Hill, NJ

I am collecting all of my pumpkin posts from last year and re-posting them here on Blogger to make a comprehensive collection. Here is the original Tumblr post.
Time for some tipsy-pumpkin-action.
I had seen this around, and I wanted to pick it up…but I had been burned by flavored vodkas before. Those Wave vodkas I reviewed…were honestly terrible and I am STILL stuck with them. So I held off on buying this one until I could talk to a bartender.
One of the guys at The Black Sheep in Philadelphia told me that he went through a whole bottle the night before at a private party! That was all the push I needed.
All Pinnacle bottles have a nice pale blue color with an image on the front that corresponds to the flavor. (This time we have a lovely slice of pumpkin pie.) I love that these bottles have a consistent look, it makes them look very nice when lined up on top of my liquor cabinet.

This is my third Pinnacle vodka, I already have their cake and gummy flavored ones, and I have to say that those two are very nicely flavored. Would this one be just as good?
Taking off the cap, I could already tell that this pumpkin pie vodka was REALLY sweet. I instantly smell caramel and cinnamon, but there was also a very strong alcohol smell that my other two flavored Pinnacle vodkas did not have.

Taking a little shot of it, I can taste cinnamon and caramel at first, but there is a nice pumpkin-spice finish of nutmeg with a touch of cloves. It does not really taste much likepumpkin pie, but this is really nice and sweet and I could see it being very nice in a pumpkin themed mixed drink.

As far as strength goes, it doesn’t really burn that much either! I had no problem downing my shot and I didn’t shutter afterwards (and I am NOT a big drinker).

I really like this vodka and I can only imagine how delicious it will be mixed up with other beverages!

Legal mumbo jumbo: I am over the age of 21. I  do not promote underage drinking. When drinking, please drink responsibly.
Photos© Maria Smith http://poison-and-antidote.net
Like me on facebook to keep up with all my adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment