Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Coffee + Pumpkin Spiced Creamers- Pumpkin 2012 Haul


Pumpkin Spice Coffee + Pumpkin Spiced Creamers-
Aldi : Medford, NJ

 I am collecting all of my pumpkin posts from last year and re-posting them here on Blogger to make a comprehensive collection. Here is the original Tumblr post. 
We all knew it was only a matter of time until I got to pumpkin spiced coffee. We see it everywhere! Every single brand has it’s own version of this seasonal favorite. Previously, the only pumpkin beverage I would drink was Panera’s pumpkin spice latte, but that was because I worked there and I loved everything Panera made ever. Let’s see if this coffee can satisfy my craving.
The bag is resealable, which is always a plus, but that is pretty standard with all coffee bags these days.
The grounds smell like a dark roast mixed with a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg. (That is all these companies seem to add. There is more to pumpkin spice than just cinnamon and nutmeg!)
As it brewed, the whole kitchen smelled like coffee, but not necessarily pumpkin spiced coffee. This is a bad sign for me, I was ready to be disappointed.
I drank a bit of the coffee black to see if it had any real pumpkin flavor…and it didn’t. There were nutmeg and cinnamon notes, but they were very weak and overpowered by the dark roasted brew. I am not a big coffee drinker, but I found this coffee to be extremely bitter. It needed creamer badly.
I have 2 different pumpkin spiced creamers, a liquid and a powder, I opted for the liquid one. The liquid creamer is VERY sweet, it’s almost like drinking ice cream mix! There are some pumpkin spice notes, but it reminds me a lot of the pumpkin spice bark I reviewed the other day.

With the creamer, the coffee was much more pumpkiny, but I think I might stick to my Panera obsession. Or maybe I’ll make my own pumpkin syrup to add to my coffee instead. Next time I’ll try out the powdered creamer and see if it’s any better.
On a pumpkin-y scale of 1-5 (5 being extremely pumpkin-y) I would rate this coffee on it’s own a 1. With the liquid creamer, it’s a 2.
***SOMETIMES FOODIE BLOOPER! Check out the photo where I am adding the creamer. I made a mess and spilled it all over. >.<; I really stink at pouring objects while taking photos. Creamer was everywhere.
Like me on facebook to keep up with all my adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment