Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Marshmallows - Pumpkin 2012 Haul

Pumpkin Spice Marshmallows - Aldi : Medford, NJ

I am collecting all of my pumpkin posts from last year and re-posting them here on Blogger to make a comprehensive collection. Here is the original Tumblr post.  
Pumpkin spiced marshmallows are an ingredient in a lot of the holiday recipes I have been seeing on pinterest. (Personally I plan of roasting some up with sweet potatoes, or make pumpkin spiced rice crispy treats with them.)
Baker’s Corner is an Aldi baking goods brand, I have used their mixes and baking ingredients in the past and I have always been very happy with the results. So I had high hopes for their marshmallows.
The bag is a typical marshmallow bag, and like most marshmallows, there is a recipe for crispy rice bars on the back. Nothing spectacular that I would leave out on display, but there is no doubt that the bag serves it’s purpose. Now the marshmallows are nice round pumpkin shapes. Some are more shaped than others, but they are quite cute to look at.

Opening the bag, the spice smell is very strong. Stronger than I thought it would be for marshmallows. I can smell cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. The cloves seems to be the strongest scent and really stands out.
These are definitely pumpkin pie spiced, I could taste it right away. The taste of cloves is pretty strong, so if you enjoy cloves you’ll really like these. (I like them a lot and have been eating them casually ever since I bought them.)

There is no mistaking these for normal marshmallows, but the strong cloves taste could put some people off. (My sister was super excited for these, but she can’t get past the cloves.)
On a pumpkin-y scale of 1-5 (5 being extremely pumpkin-y) I would rate this a 2
Like me on facebook to keep up with all my adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment