Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sparkling Spiced Pumpkin Cider - Pumpkin 2012 Haul


Sparkling Spiced Pumpkin Cider -
Aldi : Medford, NJ
Today marks my one year anniversary with my boyfriend, so I wanted to post something a little special. He and I have deemed this anniversary the PUMPKIN anniversary. We went pumpkin picking at a local farm and now here is some sparkling cider for us to toast with!

The bottle is a amber brown color and has a resealable plastic cap. It is so beautiful and interesting looking, when all this cider is gone I plan on washing the bottles out and keeping them for crafts! The labels are simple and in aged fall colors that compliment the look and feel of the bottle.
Popping the cap for the first time is kind of exciting! Similar to a bottle of champagne, a nice fog rolls out of the bottle neck and you do get a nice POP as the lid is released.
The liquid inside smells like apple cider mixed with pumpkin pie spices. (It actually smells like it says it should!)
There is an overall sense of apple at first, then you start to taste all the spices. I can taste cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, ginger and even pumpkin! Towards the end, you can really taste the pumpkin and spices.
This is a fantastic seasonal beverage. I really recommend this to EVERYONE. This would be fun to have at a kid’s table for the little ones to enjoy as well as the adults. You could spike it with something alcoholic, or add ice cream and enjoy it on a hayride. 
I plan on stocking up and buying some more to experiment with. Sparkling pumpkin spiced cider floats anyone?
On a pumpkin-y scale of 1-5 (5 being extremely pumpkin-y) I would rate this a 4.5!
Like me on facebook to keep up with all my adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment