Monday, October 15, 2012

Spiced Pumpkin Fall Harvest Salsa - Pumpkin 2012 Haul

Spiced Pumpkin Fall Harvest Salsa - Aldi : Medford, NJ

I am collecting all of my pumpkin posts from last year and re-posting them here on Blogger to make a comprehensive collection. Here is
the original Tumblr post. 

Finally! Something savory with REAL pumpkin in it. Pumpkin salsa is something I had never had before, but I was very eager to try it. 



The jar is really sturdy, I was surprised how heavy it was when I first picked it up. The glass is quite thick, so this would be a good jar to save for crafting projects or (in my case) to wash paint brushed out in. (Lightweight containers always fall over, so I like using heavier ones to hold water during my painting sessions.)
The label design is very similar to the pumpkin spiced bark box I reviewed a days weeks ago, because the same no-frills brand made both. (Both products are under the Specially Selected label.)


Opening the jar, inside you find a orange-tinged salsa. The product is a little bit watery than the salsas I am used to, but it’s consistency is really nice for pouring onto tacos and other dishes.
The salsa smells very earthy. I can smell the pumpkin immediately! (It is listed second on the ingredients list, right after tomatoes.) The ingredients are all real foods, no chemicals or concoctions, and I can smell the onions, pumpkin, and tomatoes.
Taking a taste, this is NOT a spicy salsa. The pumpkin taste makes this salsa sweet, and I can’t detect any heat or spiciness in the flavor. What I DO taste is a mild salsa with a complex harvest flavor.

As most of you can see in the photos, the jar is already half empty. That is because I have been eating this quite a bit since I purchased it a week an a half ago. I usually enjoy spicier salsas, but the addition of pumpkin makes this salsa a really nice addition to tacos, nachos, and other dishes.
This salsa really tastes like pumpkin, not nutmeg, or cinnamon, but REAL pumpkin! PLUS, the fall flavor palette isn’t a novelty in this salsa. The addition of pumpkin was not added just because it’s fall and companies want to make money off pumpkin-addicts like me, but because it really enhances the salsa flavor.
On a pumpkin-y scale of 1-5 (5 being extremely pumpkin-y) I would rate this a 5, the highest score anything has gotten so far!
Like me on facebook to keep up with all my adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment