Wednesday, November 28, 2012

UNREAL Candy 8 - BJ’s: Moorestown, NJ

UNREAL Candy 8 - BJ’s: Moorestown, NJ
My mother and I joined BJ’s, which is both a great AND terrible thing. There is so much candy! (Good thing I have dental insurance.) I had seen UNREAL candy featured on Candyblog, and I was really excited to try it. It had such a good review, was I going to like it just as much?

The UNREAL design is very enigmatic. At first it looks like a big QR code. (In actuality it is a very stylized font.) The font gives it a foreign, almost alien, feel. Inside the bag are several mini chocolate bars.
These #8 bars are very similar to a Snickers. They contain peanuts, nougat, and caramel. How are these different?
UNREAL, as a brand, states that their products are “candy unjunked”. Which means they use REAL ingredients. That means REAL chocolate and REAL sugar. No hydrogenated oils, corn syrup, artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives.
Doesn’t that sound amazing? I don’t know about the rest of you, but I miss REAL chocolate.
When I unwrapped the candy I was very happy to see that the chocolate was dark. I LOVE dark chocolate, and it actually SMELLS like chocolate too! I can smell chocolate, a peanuty-aroma, and something else. Maybe the nougat?
It has a really soft bite, and the chocolate instantly started melting in my mouth. I taste crunchy peanuts, a textured nougat, and sweet stringy caramel. THIS is what real candy is supposed to taste like.
If you love snickers, I strongly suggest trying these UNREAL #8 bars. Seriously, you might never go back!
Like me on facebook to keep up with all my adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment