Saturday, January 26, 2013

Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers - Sam’s Club: Cinnaminson, NJ

Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers - Sam’s Club: Cinnaminson, NJ
I have had Cafe Steamers before, just not this specific flavor. So far I like the Chicken Margherita the most, but can this one top it?
The packaging is very nicely done and convenient. All you have to do is remove the cardboard exterior and everything else goes right into the microwave. No poking holes or peeling plastic…which is great. I really love the packaging, these bowls are fantastic for preschool art projects. I clean them up and use them to hold materials, or mix cinnamon clay in.
This specific flavor is Chicken Marinara. Inside there are noodles, broccoli, and tomato sauce. I wasn’t able to see any Parmesan cheese. (Even though it says there is cheese on the box and you can see it in the photo.)
It heated up quickly and was ready to eat in 5 minutes. I was pleasantly surprised by the texture of the pasta. It had a nice bite to it. Everything else was a let down. The chicken had some grissle-y bits that I had to spit out, and it had a very mushy texture. The broccoli wasn’t bad, but it was mushy. Plus I couldn’t taste any cheese at all.
This specific flavor was a miss, but I am still a fan of the Chicken Margherita.
Like me on facebook to keep up with all my adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment