Saturday, March 9, 2013

Cupcake Bites - ???

Cupcake Bites - ???
This was a gift from my mother, so I have NO CLUE where this came from. 
My mother picked these up because I like cupcakes. (I have cupcake shaped cookie jars, cupcake scented perfumes, and cupcakes on my T-shirts.) So logically, this should be right up my alley.
The packaging is mainly primary colors. Right away the combination of red and yellow makes me think of fast food establishments, while the addition of blue makes me think of preschools. These colors are mixed up with a Disney-esque font and actual photos of the bites floating in space. I think if the fonts and colors were adjusted this could be a salvageable design, but right now it looks like high school design work. My favorite things are the vectored cupcake and icing dribble.
When I got to the actual bites they looked just like their photos on the box, but they smelled like canned frosting.
I had to eat a few of these to figure out how I felt about them. They aren’t great. The outside is “frosting,” which is more like the waxy outside of those Easter egg malt balls they sell every year, while the inside is more of the same but with a crumbly texture. There are tiny rainbow nonpareils throughout that add a bit of crunchy texture, but they do not add to the flavor.
While these were something novel, and new to try… I can’t say I would -ever- buy these again.
Like me on facebook to keep up with all my adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment