Thursday, March 21, 2013

That’s Amore - Restaurant Week : Collingswood, NJ

That’s Amore - Restaurant Week : Collingswood, NJ 
It’s restaurant week in Collingswood! If any of you are New Jersey locals, you must know about Collingswood and it’s restaurants. For restaurant week, participating locations make a special menu for the event (usually 3-4 courses) and list it at a reasonable price. This is a great way to try something new. I have been looking forward to this for a while, and tonight my boyfriend and I ate at That’s Amore
I had never been to this restaurant before, but I had heard very good things. I felt like their restaurant week menu was the best menu available. I was able to get a lovely 4 course meal for $35.00. (You also get a voucher for $10.00 off for a return visit)
I ordered:
  • Grilled Caesar Salad with Pancetta Chips and Parmigiano Shavings
  • Olive Oil Crostini with Artichoke & Olive Tapenade
  • Grilled Citrus Scottish Salmon over Mascarpone Risotto
  • Zabaglione Cream over Drunken Strawberries
My Salad was presented in a beautiful and interesting way, which was very enjoyable and easy to eat. The star of this dish was definitely the salty pancetta. All of the flavors worked very well together, but that pancetta was to die for.
For my second course I chose the crostini with olive tapenade, It was savory and intense, especially with that drizzle of balsamic vinegar. I LOVE balsamic vinegar and this one was sweet and thick. (It must be a good age.) It was a very nice touch, especially with the salty olives.
My main course of salmon was well cooked and presented. The salmon had nice texture, but it practically melted in my mouth. It was delicious, especially when mixed with the creamy risotto. Also, this sauce made me into an asparagus eater. I normally NEVER touch the stuff, but it was delicious in this sweet and tangy sauce.
Now for my favorite part of any meal, dessert. A combination of strawberries, rum, and cream. What is not to like? If I had any complaint at all it would be to double the size of this dessert. I wanted even more!
This restaurant had a lovely atmosphere, and delicious food. The floor-plan makes you feel warm and cozy and the decor was colorful and textured. (I really loved the light fixtures and the logo for the restaurant.) The staff were very attentive and the owner also visited our table. If you’re in the area, I definitely recommend visiting That’s Amore. (Especially this week for Restaurant Week.)
Like me on facebook to keep up with all my adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment