Saturday, April 20, 2013

Herr’s Boardwalk Salt and Vinegar Chips -Target : Cherry Hill, NJ

Herr’s Boardwalk Salt and Vinegar Chips -Target : Cherry Hill, NJ
Salt and vinegar seems to be an acquired taste. People either love it, or hate it. As a kid I hated this flavor of chips, but now, as an adult, I can’t get enough of them.
The packaging has metallic pops of color with a matte background. (Most kettle chips seem to use a matte packaging, I wonder why?) The design uses overlayed textures to create a cohesive look between the brown, matte, areas and the blue metallic ones. This is a technique I use a lot in my digital work, but it is rare to see it applied to snack food packaging (especially chips). I think this design is really quite simple, but well thought out.


Inside, the chips smell like tangy vinegar. If you like strong vinegar chips, then these are the ones for you.
These are very tangy and delicious. The outside of the chip has the powdered vinegar flavoring and they are pretty heavily seasoned. You can actually feel the texture of the powder with your tongue on some chips. As for the chips themselves, the kettle cooking process produces a thicker, crunchier, chip than the fried variety. So the chips have a great potato flavor and texture.
This is my go-to brand (and flavor) of salt and vinegar chips. They are heavily flavored, and have a great crunchy texture. if you are a fan of this flavor combination, be sure to give these a try.
Like me on facebook to keep up with all my adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment