Friday, June 28, 2013

Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake - Pinterest Recipe Review


Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake -
  Pinterest Recipe Review : The Pin The Recipe
Happy Birthday Sean!
My friend Sean’s birthday was this week, so I asked him what kind of cake he’d like. He said lemon, so I made this lemon poppy seed bundt cake.
I made a few modifications:

  • I switched the yogurt out for sourcream. (Mainly because I had some on hand.)
  • I also used half the amount of poppy seeds.  1/4 a cup seemed like a LOT of seeds and I just didn’t have that many in my pantry.
  • I topped the whole thing with a sprinkling of vanilla sugar I picked up from Ikea instead of glaze/icing. 





The finished cake was really delicious. It reminds me a lot of the lemon poppy mini bundt cakes that were sold at Panera. (They are sadly discontinued.)

This was a delicious recipe with a bright lemony flavor, and I would happily make it again.

Like me on facebook to keep up with all my adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment