Sunday, June 30, 2013

Wild Ophelia Peanut Butter & Banana Bar - Target : Moorestown, NJ

Wild Ophelia Peanut Butter & Banana Bar - Target : Moorestown,  NJ 
I was actually more excited about this chocolate bar than the Beef Jerky one!
The packaging is pretty much the same as the other flavor, reviewed here, so I’ll skip over that and focus on the taste.
Peanut butter, banana and chocolate. What else could you ever want? (Maybe bacon.) Most of you might already know this, but Elvis Presley popularized the combination with his love of grilled peanut butter and banana sandwiches. Personally, I love bananas, but banana flavoring can be tricky. I don’t want this to taste like that artificial banana Runts flavoring mixed with peanut butter and chocolate. (Just typing that makes me cringe.) I am really hoping that this has a nice, realistic, banana flavoring to it.




Unwrapped, I can’t see any hints of additives or fillings, but I’m sure the peanut butter and banana flavoring are in there somewhere.

It smells mostly like chocolate but there is a hint of salty roasted peanuts. (No hint of banana yet…)

Taking a bite, the chocolate actually tastes like it is blended with peanut butter. It taste chocolatey, salty and nutty. As it melts on your tongue you can feel these little toffee-like bits that release a peanut-y flavor with a hint of molasses. As for the banana flavoring, it’s really mild, but authentic. This tastes like you left a peanut butter candy bar in a drawer with an open bag of banana chips. After everything has melted away, you are left with a banana-chip-like after taste in your mouth, but that’s about it.

I really like the flavoring of this candy bar, but I wish it had bits of banana chips in it or something to enhance the fruity flavoring. The peanut butter taste is phenomenal, but for a peanut butter and banana bar, the banana taste was barely there.

Like me on facebook to keep up with all my adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment