Thursday, July 11, 2013

Fit & Active Boston Cream Pie Yogurt - Aldi : Moorestown, NJ

Fit & Active Boston Cream Pie Yogurt - Aldi : Moorestown,  NJ 
I love Aldi. I can get all my basic groceries, quirky foreign food items, and even fancy kitchen appliances. It’s awesome!

During my last grocery trip I saw that they had a few new dessert flavored yogurts, so I grabbed one of each flavor to try. (If you’ve been following me for a while you might remember these pumpkin spiced yogurts from my month of pumpkin items.)

The Fit & Active product line is kind of a no-frills brand, meaning the focus is on the product and keeping costs low, but they actually do seem to spend a decent amount of time and money of the brand identity and design. The color scheme for these products is a very consistent green and burnt sienna color, and every product has a nice image related to the flavor. Is this a design I would gasp over? No, but it gets the job done.

After peeling back the foil I was a little surprised that the yogurt was an off-white, vanilla, color. I always associate chocolate with a Boston cream pie, because of the topping, but there is no hint of chocolate at all. (Or cake.)



This yogurt smells tangy, with a nice dose of vanilla, and it reminds me of the “Tangy/Original” flavor that is offered at most frozen yogurt shops.

Taste-wise, this is a tangy white chocolate yogurt. There is no hint of cake or chocolate at all. There is a tangy vanilla custard flavoring that really remains me of white chocolate frozen yogurt, which isn’t bad at all, but there is no way you would ever think this was Boston cream pie.

I liked the taste of this yogurt, but it tastes nothing like the dessert it is trying to emulate. (This would be really yummy frozen with fruit and nuts on top.)
© Maria Smith http://poison-and-antidote.net
Like me on facebook to keep up with all my adventures!

1 comment: