Saturday, August 17, 2013

Cookie Dough (Classic sized) Cupcake - Crumbs Bakery : Cherry Hill, NJ

Cookie Dough (Classic sized) Cupcake - Crumbs Bakery : Cherry Hill,  NJ
Another cupcake I bought from the Crumbs Bake shop in the mall last week.
I bought…
  • Banana Cream Pie (Limited Edition) REVIEWEDVanilla cake filled with banana custard topped with vanilla buttercream and a dollup of banana custard. *Available in stores 8/1-8/14.
  • Apple Cobbler
    Apple cinnamon cake with apple preserves filling topped with vanilla cream cheese frosting and covered in streusel crumbs.
  • Cookie Dough
    Vanilla cake with chocolate fudge filling covered in vanilla cream cheese frosting mixed with soft chocolate chip cookie pieces and topped with a chocolate chip cookie.
(This time I took a size comparison photo. Look how big that cobbler cupcake is!! The banana pie cupcake was the same size.)

Crumbs Bake Shop has a few different sizes available. This cookie dough cupcake is the “classic,” which is a standard muffin-pan-sized cupcake. The traditional Crumbs cupcake is significantly larger, and they even offer a large cake-sized cupcake for Birthday parties. It seems a little silly to have a giant cupcake. I mean, at that point it’s just a normal cake, isn’t it?
The banana cream pie cupcake was extremely disappointing. I really hope this one tastes better. (Otherwise it is like $14 wasted on pretty, but lackluster, cupcakes.) 
Thankfully we’re off to a good start. This cupcake actually smells like it’s namesake! I can smell vanilla butter cream and brown sugar. (Which reminds me of the wet ingredients in chocolate chip cookie dough.)



I peeled the wrapper and took a bite, and I can say it is significantly more authentic than the banana cream pie one, but still not amazing. The frosting is the only thing that can possibly resemble cookie dough. It tasted like a brown sugar butter cream with bits of chocolate mixed in. I couldn’t find any of the cookie dough pieces that are in the description, but the icing still had a really nice flavor pay of.


As for the rest of this cupcake, the vanilla cake was a bit dry and it tasted like a cake mix. It’s the same exact cake that was used for the banana cream pie version. These might be improperly cooked, or maybe a little stale, but it was nothing special. Even the chocolate filling was lack luster. I expected it to be very strongly flavored, but it wasn’t. It took me 3 bites to reach the little blob of ganache in the center and it barely tasted like chocolate at all. The vanilla cake really overpowered it. (Plus that little cookie on top mostly tasted like salt and didn’t add much to the overall tasting experience.)

So far the two Crumbs cupcakes I have eaten were really sub par for the hefty price tag. I still have one to go!

Like me on facebook to keep up with all my adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment