Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Godiva Pumpkin Patch Truffle - Pumpkin 2012 Haul



 Godiva Chocolates - Godiva: Cherry Hill, NJ

I am collecting all of my pumpkin posts from last year and re-posting them here on Blogger to make a comprehensive collection. Here is the original Tumblr post.
Here is my last Godiva Chocolate review! The (seasonal)  Pumpkin Patch Truffle.
Look at this Pumpkin Truffle! It’s so cute I can barely stand it. A plush leaf is glued to the top of the orange foil and a paper-covered wire mimics a vine/stem. I put this review off for a while, because it just looked too cute to eat, but the time has come.

The outside is a creamy milk chocolate, which feels much softer than any of the other chocolates I reviewed. I could practically reshape this truffle in my hand! 
Inside, there is a, fluffy, spiced pumpkin filling. The texture is a lot like the cookie dough truffle, but it is much more flavorful. I can taste all of the pumpkin pie spices, none of them are more powerful than another, and the filling is not overly sweet. There is just a touch of sweetness, so it blends nicely with the extremely sweet milk chocolate.
This tastes much more like pumpkin spice than pumpkin, but it is delicious and my favorite out of all of the truffles I reviewed.

On a pumpkin-y scale of 1-5 (5 being extremely pumpkin-y) I would rate this a 3.

Like me on facebook to keep up with all my adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment