Thursday, September 5, 2013

Banana Split Oreos - Wegman’s : Cherry Hill, NJ


Banana Split Oreos -
Wegman’s : Cherry Hill, NJ
That’s right, another Limited Edition Oreo Review.
At first I was going to let this one pass me by, mainly because I assumed that they would taste like banana runts, but my boyfriend gave me two cookies and the taste was enough to change my mind.



The packaging is that peel-front container that I am still not a fan of, but the design is rather nice. I love the ice cream sundae image they went with, and there is even a little strawberry slice on top. (Which is a nice consistency because there is no cherry flavoring in this Oreo.)

This cookie is comprised of…

  • One classic chocolate cookie
  • 1/2 Banana flavored icing
  • 1/2 Strawberry icing
  • One golden vanilla cookie

Something that I really like about this Oreo is that it uses one vanilla and one chocolate cookie. I wish they’d do the same thing with their Neapolitan version. It would taste so much better!

Once opened you can smell the cookies right away, and they honestly smell like a banana sundae. The scent is uncanny. I can smell bananas, cream, chocolate and a bit of fruitiness that must be the strawberry filling. It doesn’t quite smell like strawberry, but it has a berry scent that feels right at home with the banana split theme.

I tried the two flavored icings separately before eating the cookie as a whole.

The strawberry filling is a bit artificial, with a few cherry notes, but you could still tell that it was some kind of berry-based fruit icing.

While the banana filling was much more authentic. It tastes like I took some banana and blended it into Oreo creme filling. That shortening-based vanilla creme flavor still shines through both of these fillings, but they are much tastier than I could have imagined. 
Eating the cookie as a whole was really interesting. It has the same flavoring as those banana split ice creams. You can tell what it is and what they were going for, but it isn’t quite 100% the same. That being said, these doesn’t taste entirely like a banana split, but I still love these cookies.

I am obsessed with bananas right now so these are right up my alley. I recommend pairing these with an ice cold glass of milk. (Oreo needs to make a peanut butter banana sandwich cookie! They already make banana filling, and peanutbutter filling. Toss that between some golden Oreos and you’ve got yourself an Elvis limited edition Oreo!)

Like me on facebook to keep up with all my adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment