Saturday, September 7, 2013

Marukawa Candy - ??? : Chinatown, Philadelphia, PA


Marukawa Candy - ??? : Chinatown, Philadelphia, PA  
When I picked up this long strip of candy in Chinatown I wasn’t sure what it was. It felt like a bunch of fruity hard candies, but it turns out that this is Marukawa gum! I have never seen it in this kind of packaging before, usually it is inside tiny cardboard boxes, but I like this foiled bag sampler.

I have already reviewed the strawberry and melon flavors, but this strip still has a decent assortment to review..
  • Grape
  • Lemon
  • Muscat
  • Orange
  • Strawberry (Already Reviewed)
Today I’ll be reviewing the grape flavored gum.


Each foiled bag features a large image of it’s fruity counterpart.

Inside are four little gumballs, just like the little boxed packaging. Alone each piece is pretty puny, this might be a good portion for small children, but one piece just won’t do for adults.

The gum has no smell, but the flavor is initially very strong. It starts out being a sweet, jammy, grape with a very soft chew, but it quickly fades into sweet nothingness. Like the last two flavors of Marukawa gum, these flavors are fantastic, but they fade fast. (Kind of like Fruit Stripe gum here in America.)

If you want to try blowing bubbles you would need to consume all four portions of gum, but the elasticity is really nice.

I love this gum, I just wished the flavor lasted a little longer.

Like me on facebook to keep up with all my adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment