Friday, October 18, 2013

Pepperidge Farm Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies - Target - Cherry Hill, NJ

Pepperidge Farm Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies - Target - Cherry Hill, NJ
I just realized, a lot of my 2013 pumpkin haul came from Target. Last year I had a ton of Aldi stuff, so I guess it's Target's time to shine.

I am not a big fan of pre-made baked goods. I feel like a lot of them taste the same and the only Pepperidge farm product I occasional buy is the Gingerbread. (Those cookies are so light and crispy! How do they do it?) I wanted new pumpkin items this year, ones that I hadn't reviewed before, and this just happened to be out on the shelves.


The bag is typical for Pepperidge Farm cookies, it's a white foiled paper bag with a fold down top. Although it still fits in with the other cookies on the shelf, this specific flavor has a bit of a seasonal spin. Orange fonts, tiny leaves scattered around the bag, and a tiny pumpkin can be seen in the background making this one a bit different from the rest. (Although it is still similar to the carrot cake cookies.) Overall, I think the photographs and design are really nice. This packaging photographed really well and I like leaving it out on the counter with a few other seasonal treats. 

Since the bag itself was bigger I expected big cookies, and these did not disappoint. Pepperidge Farm cookies have always been a bit on the small side, so by comparison these are pretty hefty. (About the size of a Chips Ahoy cookie or other soft cookie.) Although the cookies are a big larger than usual, you don't get very many. There are two fluted cups inside the package and each one only has 4 cookies. So you are paying a pretty hefty price for just 8 cookies. (At least I think so. You don't even get a full dozen!) The cookies themselves were really soft and they were difficult to pry apart without breaking one of them. (The cookies photographed above were from the bottom of the bag because the top layer wouldn't separate. I have cookie shrapnel in the bag from my attempts.)


Once separated, I grabbed one cookie and gave it a sniff. (That sounds weird.)  The cream cheese flavored white chocolate chips really overpowered the spiced aroma. I can smell vanilla and artificial white chocolate with just a tiny hint of pumpkin pie spice. To me, this smells like a pumpkin cheesecake scented candle. Not the best smelling cookie, but maybe it'll taste better.



After just one bite, the cookie itself is overpowered by the cheesecake chips. You barely taste any pumpkin at all! The overall cookie doesn't taste bad, but I was hoping for a stronger spice presence.

If you are one of the people who like the filling inside Oreo more than the cookie, you might like these cookies. Me? I'm more of a cookie fan. I wish Oreo sold packages of just the cookie with no cream at all, so this cookie really wasn't that appealing to me. I wanted more pumpkin than cheesecake and this did not deliver. I'm happy I bought it and photographed it, but I won't be missing this limited edition product when it disappears off the shelves.

On a Pumpkin Scale of 1-5 (5 being the most pumpkin-y) I’d give this a .5, but on overall deliciousness… I would give these a 1.

Like me on facebook to keep up with all my adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment