Monday, October 7, 2013

Pumpkin Pie TastyKake- Walmart: Cinnaminson, NJ

Pumpkin Pie TastyKake- Walmart: Cinnaminson, NJ
I’m having a bit of a family crisis right now, so I am not sure if there will be an update tomorrow. I’ll try my best.

I am not a big fan of snack cakes and the TastyKake brand, but I was on the look out for different pumpkin things to review for my Pumpkin 2013 haul and this caught my eye.

The box is very pale and plain, other than the generic TastyKake design, there isn’t much to review at all. I will say that it opened very easily and the box did prevent the little pie from being damaged in my grocery bag. (So it’s functional.)


Once opened, I was a bit worried because the top didn’t look like it was attached very well….and it wasn’t. It popped right off!


The pie isn’t filled up all the way, so there is a big air pocket between the filling and top crust. I tried to keep it together as best as I could, but the top started crumbling and getting all over the place. (I had to clean my photo area afterwards.)

It was very messy and tricky to eat this treat, so I started by eating some of the crumbing top crust separately. Alone, the crust was dry and not very flavorful. I really didn’t care for it, but my dog Jack seems to enjoy it. While the crust is dry, the filling itself is very thick. Almost like a pudding! The filling has the generic, canned, pumpkin pie taste but with a custard-like consistency.


This pastry was interesting to photograph, but it makes a mess and I think there are much better pumpkin baked goods out there.

Like me on facebook to keep up with all my adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment