Thursday, November 7, 2013

Planters Pumpkin Spice Almonds - Target - Riverside, NJ

Planters Pumpkin Spice Almonds  - Target - Riverside, NJ
Although these have already been reviewed by quite a few food blogs, I really wanted to try these for myself. To be honest, I originally went shopping to find the Blue Diamond version, but I could only find the Planters variety. (Blue Diamond has a bit of paprika in their spice blend, so I really wanted to give those a try, but these Planters Almonds are just as interesting.)

I have to say, this packaging is creepy, and not in the good Halloween way. The computer generated Mr. Peanut's expression is just...not right. Look at that face! That expression! He looks like he just hid a body. (Check under the pumpkins in that wagon.) I understand that a CG Mr. Peanut fits in with the CG background, but I think a classic cartoon illustration would have gone over a lot better. If I had these out at a party, I'd probably hide the container. (Or leave it out and let my friends laugh at how creepy it is.) Other than the seasonal design, this is just a normal container of nuts.


I peeled back the foiled top to reveal deliciously seasoned almonds and a lovely spicy aroma. I'm not sure how, but the scent actually creates an mild warming sensation. It's like smelling warm pumpkin baked goods that just came out of the oven! (It smells kind of like a pumpkin spiced cinnamon roll.)

I popped an almond into my mouth and I could actually taste pumpkin! Not just cinnamon, or nutmeg, or cloves, but legit pumpkin! There is pumpkin powder on the ingredients list, so I am guessing that is the magical ingredient that took these from a generically spiced nut to a pseudo baked good.


The coating for these is sweet, without being too sweet, and just a little salty. Everything works very nicely with the crunchy almonds, and these can be quite addicting.
If you're having a family get together this season these would make a great addition to the snack/dessert table. (Plus I could see these working as a great ingredient for cookies, cakes, candies, and other recipes.)

On a Pumpkin Scale of 1-5 (5 being the most pumpkin-y) I’d give this a 4.
Like me on facebook to keep up with all my adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment