Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Pumpkin Pie Dessert Cheese Bites - Aldi - Moorestown, NJ

Pumpkin Pie Dessert Cheese Bites - Aldi - Moorestown, NJ
And we're back with more pumpkin 2013 posts!

These little cheese bites are one of the new pumpkin items Aldi released this year. (A lot of the things I previously reviewed returned, which is awesome, but there weren't many new items this season.)

My first impression in the store was that this package is tiny. The photo in Aldi's ad was really small, so I wasn't sure how big the container would be, but I never thought it'd be this compact. The entire package is about the size of my hand! (For the record, I have fairly large hands.) Other than the label, there are no other design elements to critique, so I'll just say that I love the typography! The font choices and simple black and white color scheme creates a very sophisticated look for this no-frills product. (The typography is similar to the seasonal labels and designs used last year for Aldi's brand.)


Inside the plastic clam-shell container there are 11, chocolate truffle-sized, cheese balls. It's a little odd that the container is tapered to only allow 11, why not a full dozen? Oh well, time to open this thing up.


Once opened, and thawed, these smell a lot like a pumpkin cheesecake. Which makes sense, considering the ingredients for both items are practically the same.



Since this is a frozen product the outside graham cracker bits are more sponge-y than crunchy, and the filling has a slightly dry cheesecake-like texture. Although these are called "Pumpkin Pie Cheese Bites," they might as well be pumpkin cheese cake truffles.
I am not a cheesecake person, I would have preferred a strictly pumpkin pie-flavored truffle/bite, but these are decently flavored and spiced. You can easily tell that this is some kind of pumpkin pie dessert without having to be told.

If you like pumpkin cheesecake, you'll love these. I really like the packaging, and these could be nice to set out on Thanksgiving, but I rather have a legit pumpkin pie.
On a Pumpkin Scale of 1-5 (5 being the most pumpkin-y) I’d give this a 2.

Like me on facebook to keep up with all my adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment