Sunday, November 30, 2014

Extra Pumpkin Spice Gum - Target: Marlton, NJ

Extra Pumpkin Spice Gum - Target: Marlton, NJ
So I wasn't a huge fan of the Trident layers Pumpkin Spice gum, it tasted like I was making out with Bath & Body Works, but I heard this Extra version was better. I saw a pack of three on clearance for a dollar at Target and figured, why not check it out?



I've talked about extra's packaging before, so I am just going to do a (super) brief comparison and then get right into the review.

The packaging for Extra might not look as modern and flashy as Trident's, but out of the two, I prefer this. Unlike Trident, who lists the ingredients on the removable clear plastic wrap, Extra prints their information right onto the back of the package. This just makes a lot more sense, plus, the closure on the Extra package works a lot better too. So far I haven't found sticks of gum all over my purse, which is something that did happen with that little Trident pack, no matter how many times I tried to seal it shut.


This time the gum is in classic stick-form, and it smells lightly spiced and only slightly candle-like. It's a lot weaker scent-wise than the layered gum, but we'll see if this flavor is any more tolerable.
I popped the gum into my mouth and started chewing, the flavor is a LOT weaker than Trident, which is a good thing, and it has a sweet and spicy chew. This is no where near body lotion and candle territory, but I wouldn't say it's all that enjoyable either. I can taste a sweet vanilla-heavy pumpkin spice blend, but that flavor fades pretty fast. After a few chews you're left with a stiffer piece of gum with little to no flavor and the vague taste of pumpkin spiced coffee creamer.

Of the two, this one is far better, but I wouldn't say the world really needs Pumpkin Spiced gum. Have any of you tried these chewing gums? What do you think? Will any of you miss them? Should they even return next year?

On a Pumpkin Scale of 1-5 (5 being the most pumpkin-y) I’d give this a 2. It has a creamy pumpkin coffee creamer taste at first, but it fades rather quickly. Pumpkin spice gum is interesting, but I can't say I really enjoy it. I don't find myself reaching for it in my purse, and although this one I a LOT better than the Trident layers version, I won't miss either of these flavors when they are gone.
Like Sometimes Foodie's Facebook page to keep up with all my foodie adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment