Saturday, May 30, 2015

Candyology 101 Episode 15: 2015 Sweets & Snacks Expo!


Let us give you a virtual walk-through of all the new yummy products headed out way!

The 2015 Sweets and Snacks Expo was earlier this month, and even though it's not open to the public, Cybele and I give you the scoop on what's headed out way. This entire episode is practically a super long Treat or Trick segment, so join us as we discuss the good, the bad, and the innovative. Which of the items discussed are you most excited for? 

Be sure to check out the Candyology101 Website to see photos of all the new products mentioned. (I kind of geek out over the packaging, so this way you can look at it and geek out with me.)
Have you been liking Candyology101 so far? 

Please head on over to itunes and give us a little review to let us know how we're doing.

Or leave a comment below
What segments to you love?
Which ones are leaving a sour taste in your mouth?
What would you like us to cover next?

Meet the cast:

Listen to the player above, check us out on Stitcher, or you can download the MP3 file. If you want to subscribe to the show, it’s available on iTunes and via RSS.
Like Sometimes Foodie's Facebook page to keep up with all my foodie adventures!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Maria,

    I've been listening to the Candyology 101 podcast and enjoying it so far. I wish it was weekly instead of bi-weekly, as I'm an avid podcast listener.

    We need a Gummies episode though. Those are my favorite by far, but since I love candy in general I've been enjoying the whole podcast.

    I don't have any issues, but I do have a question about how serious some of your 'suggestions' are sometimes when you guys are in the moment. Some suggestions are great, but other times I just roll my eye or crinkle my brow wondering how you think that's a good idea. (Like Mountain Dew Bottle caps aimed at gamers.) As a gamer I rolled my eyes REALLY hard to this, as it's a stereotype that has stuck way too hard thanks to Halo Mountain Dew and Doritos. There's a few others that I have really questioned, but I don't remember off the top of my head.

    Favorite segment is definitely the treat or trick, but when I really think about it, there isn't a whole lot of segments to even choose from. Maybe you guys should add another. My suggestion would be a segment called 'Wrap it up' where at the end of the main topic you talk about what candy of that type you saw with the most interesting/unique/overall presentation in the wrapping.

    Anyways, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete