Friday, November 27, 2015

Chobani Greek Yogurt Pumpkin Harvest Crisp Flip - Target

Chobani Greek Yogurt Pumpkin Harvest Crisp Flip - Target
You know what we all need, MORE YOGURTS. Because the American market doesn't have enough protein-filled pumpkin flavored Greek yogurts this season. (Can you tell I'm bitter? I'm totally bitter.)

The packaging is the same shape as all the other flip-over mix-in style yogurts out there, and the design is crisp, and appealing. There's nothing new or outstanding about this package, but the bright orange tray color does stand out from all the other trays in the refrigerated section of the grocery store.

Inside, the yogurt is pumpkin flavored, and pretty satisfying on it's own. It's filling, sweet, and more pumpkin-pie-like than pumpkin flavored, but I feel like this tastes the same as all the other seasonal Greek yogurts I've reviewed. It's not enough to make me want this over another yogurt brand. Maybe the mix-ins will help.


You get a fairly generous amount of the pie crust bits, nuts, and crunchy seeds, but even with the added texture, this is just "okay" for me. Don't get me wrong, it's good, but what's to stop me from adding crunchy bits to Oikos, or Noosa, or any of the other pumpkin flavored yogurts out there and having the same experience? NOTHING! It's nice enough for what it is, and I'm sure it makes a satisfying on the go breakfast, but it's not memorable.

Okay, I'm going to say it... I'm sick of yogurt! I'm tired of keeping up with all the yogurt flavors, I'm tired of almost all of them being Greek-style, and I'm tired of the texture regardless of how many mix-ins you add in there. When did Americans become so freaking obsessed with yogurt? The yogurt aisle in my local grocery store has EASILY doubled in size over the last three years, and now there are more yogurt brands than I know what to do with!

Was this yogurt good? Sure! Will I buy it again? Not a chance in hell. With all of these yogurt brands releasing new limited edition this or that every single month, I just can't keep up with it all while still buying non-review-able yogurts. If you're Jamie Lee Curtis-level obsessed with yogurt, and you're a pumpkin-loving basic, then sure, this yogurt is awesome and I bet you'll love it. For me, it's a one and done situation. I liked it, but not enough to make me repurchase, and it's easily lost in the sea of other pumpkin Greek yogurts.

On a Pumpkin Scale of 1-5
 
(5 being the most pumpkin-y) I’d give this a 3! The yogurt is pumpkin flavored, you get crunchy pumpkin seeds, and crumbly pie crust bits. So the flavoring is there, and it's enjoyable, but I don't think this is enough for you to buy this over all the other pumpkin yogurts out there. The yogurt-market is too saturated with other pumpkin flavored products, and this just doesn't stand out enough.
© Maria Smith http://poison-and-antidote.net
Like me on facebook to keep up with all my adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment