Sunday, June 23, 2013

Chocolove XOXOX - Target : Medford, NJ

Chocolove XOXOX - Target : Medford,  NJ 
I have never seen this brand of chocolate bar before. What made me pick this up? It comes with a love poem! I am used to my chocolate giving advice, craft tips, and compliments, but never a full blown poem.


It’s pretty obvious that this brand is going for a love-letter vibe. The wrapper design mimics an envelope, there is a love poem inside, and the brand name itself ends with a little “xoxox.” The terracotta color of the packaging is really warm and inviting, but part of me wished they had gone with traditional envelope color.



The poem is written on the backside of the paper wrapping, and this time I received a love poem written by John Keats. I could really see English majors or book lovers enjoying this literary addition to their chocolate fix.


Unwrapped, the bar smells slightly bitter, like coco power, with a hint of salt. My photo set-up lights started melting it very quickly, so I hurried up and took a bite. (You can see chocolate all over my finger in the last photo.)

I love dark chocolate, the darker the better, and this has a really nice dark chocolate flavor. It isn’t too bitter or acidic, and the salt enhances the sweetness. As for the almonds, they are broken up into little bits and scattered throughout the bar, they add a nice roasted flavor and texture, but I wish there were more almond chunks in there. I felt like they were very sparse, and in the photo you can only see 4 or 5 little pieces.


I think this love letter packaging design is brilliant, and the chocolate quality was pretty nice for the price. (I rhymed!) So I would definitely buy this brand again, I’m looking forward to trying new flavors.

I wrote this in 2013...a decade ago, and it's getting a lot of..."interesting" attention. I do not get it.  



Like me on facebook to keep up with all my adventures!

3 comments:

  1. Mary Ann StanzianoMarch 1, 2023 at 6:53 PM

    It is delicious this confection but even in a godforsaken hellhole to want to give them nothing but chocolates. What's up with that? Someone named Dave Jones is really stupid overemphasizing what is good about Watertown Connecticut when he should have been looking at how much murder there is there along with houses being burned so a fire truck always has to go to someone's house and almost always there is an ambulance that has to take someone to a hospital even if it is from a residential home that Satan loves so that he can make people live and die trapped there without ever seeing their loved ones ever again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marcel Levesque the bearded old man with only one legMarch 1, 2023 at 6:55 PM

    These tastes good in coffee and I think I remember now that I think they can make tea that is flavored by chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. X and o mean hugs and kisses. The flavor of the chocolate bar that I have is raspberries in dark chocolate. The poem on it is from Thomas Moore entitled To the Invisible Girl. As for you, my sweet-voiced and invisible love. You must surely be one of those spirits, that rove. By the bank where, at twilight, the poet reclines, When the star of the west on his solitude shines, And the magical fingers of fancy have hung. Every breeze with a sigh, every leaf with a tongue. Oh! hint to him then, tis retirement alone. Can hallow his harp or ennoble its tone: like you, with a veil of seclusion between, his song to the world let him utter unseen, and like you, a legitimate child of the spheres, escape from the eye to enrapture the ears. Sweet spirit of mystery how I should love. To have you thus her invisibly nigh. Inhaling forever our song and your sigh.

    ReplyDelete